To check if Great Schools Trust is the right trust for you, we have produced a short checklist that may help guide you.
All schools need to be within our core operating regions:
- Schools must be located within c.25 miles/45min drive of Warrington HQ and clusters of schools within each regional ‘hub’ should each be within circa 3 mile radius from their central point.
- We will not take on primary schools in operating areas that do not serve our existing trust secondary schools, or are not in our growth plans to serve a secondary school in the future.
All schools within the trust:
- Must share the same high expectations on outcomes for children.
- Must be a firm believer in the vision, mission, ethos and specialism of the trust.
- Be determined to continually improve their school/academy so that it offers the highest quality education possible in an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Fully support the Trust’s strategic plan and engage fully with our executive team and faculty for education.
- Must be willing to provide support to our existing academies and open to receiving support and advice in return.
- Understand that the appointment of Directors to the Trust board is limited to a number of places and based on skills, expertise and experience. Local Chairs of Academy Councils may have the opportunity to become a trustee or represent their academy on a regional board level.
- Understand the headteacher will become a member of the trust leadership team.
- Have the support of stakeholders (governors, leaders, staff, students and parents) in being part of Great Schools Trust