Make a difference in our communities, develop your professional skills and support children and young people by volunteering as a trustee for Great Schools Trust.
What do Trustees do?
Our trustees work together to carry out their core functions:
- ensuring there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
- ensuring the voices of stakeholders are heard (as recognised by the National Governance Association (NGA))
Why become a Trustee?
There are many benefits to becoming a trustee:
- Support children and young people in our communities and be part of a team that will make a real difference in their lives;
- Develop your professional skills and experience in areas such as strategic planning, chairing, policy implementation, and teamwork, all of which are valued by employers and can assist your career development and;
- Build relationships and networks with other professionals in the UK.
We are a remote Board of Trustees so would welcome interest from outside of the northwest.
Register your interest by completing the contact form below: