Careers at Great Schools Trust
We all know that great schools are made by the great people in them. At Great Schools Trust, we believe in recruiting talented like-minded people and developing them to fulfil their full career ambitions within our academies.
Our ambition is for all new staff to become one of our future leaders, to continue to shape the future of all our young people ensuring they become independent learners, have strong characters, gain intellectual habits and are successful citizens
The Great Schools Trust provide an exciting and forward-thinking staff progression structure which allows careers to be built and our people to thrive. We are keen to widen our talent pool and to bring more diversity into our schools.
Our recruitment strategy includes making the job manageable, eradicating unnecessary workload and developing arrangements that support flexible working. We invest in and embed cultures that create a sense of value through ongoing professional development and innovative coaching strategies.
Start your journey with the Great Schools Trust by searching our current vacancies for the perfect role for you.
Ethos & Values
Rewards & Benefits
We want all our staff to feel rewarded and motivated and have created a wide range of generous and competitive employee benefits and rewards for staff to enjoy, these include:
- A trust which prioritises the well-being of its staff
- Highly competitive salaries
- Access to the Teacher Pension Scheme and Local Government schemes
- Generous holiday entitlement of 30 days for support staff
- Access to our Employee Assistant Programme
- Good occupational sickness and maternity schemes
- High performing academies with excellent and strong, highly supportive leadership
- A unique approach to Performance Leadership
- Access to high quality and bespoke CPD offer across the trust (link to career pathways)
- A high quality and supportive induction programme
- The opportunity to develop your career within and across the Trust academies
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as Bike to Work
Equality & Diversity
Great Schools Trust commits to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace at all levels.
We are committed to:
- Creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- Training managers and all other staff about their rights and responsibilities under equality, diversity and inclusion practices. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help our trust provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
- All staff should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, customers, suppliers and the public.
- Taking seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, students, parents, visitors, the public and any others in the course of our work.
- Monitoring the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion where possible.